Monday, April 11, 2011

My writings vs. Nietzsche

This blog is only based on the quotes that Nietzsche has written in his book Twilight of the Idols and The Anti-Christ.

"Are you one who looks on? or who sets to work?- or who looks away, turns aside... Third question of conscience" -Nietzsche

This quote from Nietzsche had me thinking about my personal collections of writings. I answered these questions through a spoken word piece I wrote three years ago titled "Revelations." Funny, who knew I mirrored the views of Friedrich Nietzsche in my second semester of tenth grade. Through this poem, I answered each question as well as questioning society's judgement. The poem goes a little like this:
     I sit back and observe this life we're living
     And how much we're dealing
     Dealing these drugs
     Dealing our time
     Making deals with the devil just to save our behinds
     But who are we to blame, when everything goes up in flames?
     And who are we to turn to when things fall apart and everything becomes untrue?...
     When will we learn?
     Learn to Inspire, and lift up these children of today so much hire
     Can we come together just as one
     And see how our society has become?
     Because we could be so much greater, and we could be such great leaders
     But how can we overcome when we keep dealing these drugs
     Dealing our time and making deals with devil just to "save" our behinds.

Next, Another one of my writing relate to another one of Nietzsche's quotes at the beginning of the book.
"For me they were steps, I have climbed up upon them - therefore I had to pass over them. But they thought I wanted to settle down on them..." -Nietzsche
This next poem I wrote is my way of saying that I have not settled...perceive it how you want.
   
    An outlet of expression
    I write these words to fight off this supression
    Though I can't break through the reingns of the opressor,
    I'd like to say I fought for the better...
    Travel with me and see the glory of free will
    Never punished and never have to face the consequences of an unpaid bill
    I'd rather die than have to succumb to an unworthy try.
    Because I know this life is not worth living,
    I sacrifice my soul's intent on breathing,..
    On breathing into this unreal world of materialism.
    I fight, I fight to truly escape these chains of not just communism, materialism, and republicanism.
    Broken, I stand, But I stand with power.
    Facing the judgement of society, I still stand.
    Verbally abused and emotionally scarred, I still stand.
    For I'd rather die than have to succumb to an unworthy try.
    But in this I do not fear fate.
    Though harsh words have been thrown at me through hate.
    But here I stand, still with power.
    I wait for judgement day, for you have nothing left to say
    Nothing to give nor show for
    But I'm not bothered, because I still sand with power.
    I stand with the Righteous, the Righteous on my side.
    I watch this world crumble and fall..
    Its a dawn of a new era, The fall of deception
    God has made his new interception.
    Join me in this fight
    Conquer the dark,
    And revel in this light and all that is right.

This poem also can be related to Nietzsche's quote, "What does not kill me makes me stronger."     

1 comment: